Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Isaac

It has been a while since the last post, I have been keeping very busy and hope to get back to updating the blog more often.

This past week, I experienced my first hurricane as Isaac slowly washed over the area offering constant rain and strong winds. I spent most of this time helping out around the neighborhood clearing drains, meeting neighbors driven to their porch to escape the heat of their homes, and taking care of my house. I did not center on photographing Isaac, but rather personally experiencing it as I am sure there will be more. In many ways it is like a blizzard, but much more dangerous with the warm conditions. Beyond power outages New Orleans got off easy in comparison to the rest of the area. These images center around the Mid City neighborhood I live in.

To see a large amount of new work included an extended version of this essay check out rhrphoto.com also follow update at rhrphoto on facebook













by Ryan Hodgson-Rigsbee

No comments:

Post a Comment